Entering the Van Cleef & Arpels Universe (4h)
Go on a discovery tour of the Maison on the Place Vendôme and find out about its most beautiful creations.
What is the origin of Van Cleef & Arpels, so renowned worldwide for its audacious creativity and innovation?
During this course
By discovering both historic and contemporary pieces, you will explore the history of Van Cleef & Arpels and its sources of inspiration. Your teachers will show you the most legendary inventions and creations: the many mechanisms and transformable pieces of "Poetic Theater", magnificent works of jewelry art like the Zip necklace, the Mystery Set™, the Minaudière™ precious case...
This course is led by two art historians.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences.
- Coffee, tea, and pastries are offered upon your arrival.
- You don’t need to bring any specific material.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
To go further
- Participate in the course: "Art Nouveau: from School to Museum", to discover the style that introduced a new freedom of creation.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.