Research fellowships for masters degree
The School of Jewelry Arts, with the support of Van Cleef & Arpels, created five annual Masters Study Fellowships in 2019 for students enrolled in university Masters Degree programs, with a jewelry related topic. The students must be pursuing a degree in either Art History or Gemology. .
The five annual scholarships are for a total of 2,000 euros each (1000 euros for the first year toward the Masters Degree, 1000 euros for the second year). The granting of the second sum is conditional upon the results achieved during the first year.
This financial support for jewelry related research is part of the missions of The School of Jewelry Arts, which fosters not only the diffusion of but also the construction of jewelry knowledge.
The applications must be addressed, within the required time limits, exclusively by email to the following email address : (Subject : “Fellowship for Masters Research).”
The application package is made up of the following:
- Detailed CV, precisely describing notably education already accomplished and education underway
- Resarch brief : Title, University where matriculated, Director of the Research, presentation of the research project (3000 characters maximum : motivations for choice of subject, state of research into the proposed subject, sources and principal places for research)
- Letter of recommendation from the Director of Research
The Jury is presided over by Marie Vallanet, President of the School of Jewelry Arts.
It is made up of :
- Nicolas Bos, President and CEO of Van Cleef & Arpels
- Guillaume Glorieux, Directeur of Teaching and Research of the School of Jewelry Arts
- Olivier Segura, Scientific Director of The School of Jewelry Arts
The jury will evaluate the academic/scientific value of the submitted projects and their pertinence.
- Closing date for submission of applications: June 1st
- Jury Meeting: End of June
- Sending out of responses : June 30th