Discover the gemstones (4h) - Discounted Rate
Become Initiated into Gemology
First, you will discover the origins of gemstones, their great variety, and the different techniques used to extract and collect them. Then you will then learn about the development and goals, and the various stages, in cutting and polishing, as well as the techniques for evaluating gemstones. Finally, to concretize what you have been learning, your teachers will guide you through three hands-on experiences, during which you will manipulate and observe the stones using gemologists' tools.
About this course
If you are a student* or a job seeker*, you can enjoy the discounted rate of €15 for all courses and talks organized by L’ÉCOLE, School of Jewelry Arts in Lyon (25/11 – 3/12/2023), subject to seat availability.
*A valid student card or proof of entitlement must be presented.
Where and how do crystals form? What are the different varieties of gems? Immerse yourself into the domain of gemstones, decipher their mysteries, learn to appreciate them, and to let your emotions speak to you.
Sit back and relax
- This class is led by two gemologists.
- You are welcomed by your teacher before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences.
- You don’t need to bring any specific material.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.