Pearl: History, Science and Legends (4h)
Discover the first gemstone of Humanity.
Embark on a fascinating journey into the pearl, a living gem as famous as it is mysterious, a rare and precious witness to humanity’s first steps.
Between natural and cultured pearls, freshwater and sea pearls, learn the secrets of their origins and formation. A tour of the world of the pearl to introduce you to all the different types of pearls.
Stimulate your senses by getting hands-on with pearls of different origins, shapes and sizes, and feel their awe-inspiring power. Take part in a fun experiment to classify a pearl using the latest, different criteria.
About the Course
A unique and original experience of the pearl, at the crossroads of history and gemology, to solve the mysteries of this gem that has always fascinated humanity.
Sit back and relax
- This course is run by a gemologist and an art historian.
- You are welcomed by your teacher before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences.
- You don’t need to bring any specific material.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.
L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
A very unique faculty
All the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
Skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
Courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
On an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.