Diamond Grading (4h) - Discounted Rate
Create a diamond grading report step by step just like in a laboratory.
Within the context of L’ÉCOLE, School of Jewelry Arts courses in gemological investigation, you will discover how to analyze the quality of a diamond.
You will be able to select the diamond you wish to study in order to identify its size, its dimensions, its color, the nature of its inclusions...
You will slip into the shoes of a grader who must grade the diamond and will be guided step by step in the writing of a grading report of a colorless diamond.
About the Course
f you are a student* or a job seeker*, you can enjoy the discounted rate of €15 for all courses and talks organized by L’ÉCOLE, School of Jewelry Arts in Lyon (25/11 – 3/12/2023), subject to seat availability.
*A valid student card or proof of entitlement must be presented.
As the only gem composed of a single chemical element, carbon, diamonds always fascinate people. To better understand them, diamond dealers and laboratories agree on a standardized grading system with specific points called: the 4Cs.
At L’ÉCOLE, School of Jewelry Arts, there are three courses dedicated to diamonds in order to offer a broad overview of the "stone of stones".
Sit Back and Relax
- This course is given by two gemologists
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences.
- All necessary equipment will be provided on site.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
- Participate in the course "Ruby, a Fiery and Bewitching Stone", to discover another legendary gem.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.
High quality education
L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council
A very unique faculty
All the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
Skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, offering hands-on experience, and an exchange of dialogue.
Courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
On an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.