The Diamond: A Gemological Exception (2h)
Discover why the Diamond is so unique.
You will discover this fascinating stone, its unique chemical composition, understand the secrets of color and clarity, as well as the savoir-faire of cut. You will handle stones and learn to use gemological tools.
About the Course
The only gemstone composed of one single chemical element, the Diamond hides so many mysteries: the miracle of its birth, its totally improbable meeting up with human beings, and the five characteristics with determining its supreme hardness.
The course "Fascinating Diamonds 2: Science and Gemology" includes the knowledge covered and the experiments done during the course "The Diamond: A gemological exception"; it is therefore not recommended for the same person to do both courses.
Sit back and relax
- This class is conducted by a gemology expert.
- You are welcomed by your teacher before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences.
- You don’t need to bring any specific material.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
- Take part in the course: "Recognize the Gemstones", to continue your exploration of gemology and to identify precious stones.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.
Special Offer: Discovery Series
L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
A very unique faculty
All the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
Skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience, and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
Courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
On an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.