The Diamond: A gemological exception (2h)
Discover why the Diamond is so unique.
The only gemstone composed of one single chemical element, the Diamond hides so many mysteries: the miracle of its birth, its totally improbable meeting up with human beings, and the five characteristics with determining its supreme hardness.
During this course :
You will discover this fascinating stone, its unique chemical composition, understand the secrets of color and clarity, as well as the savoir-faire of cut.
You will handle stones and learn to use gemological tools.
This class is conducted by a gemology expert.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teacher before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences.
- You don’t need to bring any specific material.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
- We also offer a 4-hour version of this course allowing you, through a more complete offer, to go further in your discovery of the world of diamonds: "Fascinating Diamonds 2: Science and Gemology". This 4-hour course includes the knowledge covered and the experiments done during the course "The Diamond: A gemological exception"; it is therefore not recommended for the same person to do both courses.
To go further
- Take part in the course: "Recognize the Gemstones", to continue your exploration of gemology and to identify precious stones.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience, and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.