Entering the Van Cleef & Arpels Universe
Step into the world of Van Cleef & Arpels and discover the Maison's most beautiful creations
LanguageEnglishOREnglish (Cantonese)English (Mandarin)
What is the origin of Van Cleef & Arpels, so renowned worldwide for its audacious creativity and innovation?
During this course
By discovering both historic and contemporary pieces, you will explore the history of
Van Cleef & Arpels and its sources of inspiration.
Your teachers will show you the most legendary inventions and creations: the many mechanisms and transformable pieces of "Poetic Theater", magnificent works of jewelry art like the Zip necklace, the Mystery Set™, the Minaudière™ precious case...
This course is led by two art historians.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- Coffee, tea and pastries are offered upon your arrival
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs
To go further
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
- Participate in the course: "Art Nouveau Jewelry", to discover the style that introduced a new freedom of creation.
* This course is offered at L’ÉCOLE in Hong Kong twice a month in English. Simultaneous Cantonese interpretation device is available at one lesson, and the same service is available in Mandarin at the other lesson. Students have to confirm if they need interpretation during their booking.