A History of Jewelry, from Louis XIV to Art Deco
Explore how jewelry evolved through the history of jewelry, from the time of Louis XIV to the Art Deco period
LanguageEnglishEnglish (Cantonese interpretation)English (Mandarin)
From Louis XIV to Art Deco, punctuated by extraordinary discoveries, the history of jewels is marked by great creators.
During this course
From gemstones to precious metals, from the most innovative use of materials, from the Baroque to Art Deco, you will experience, through the creations, the blossoming of modern jewelry.
Finally, you will have the privileged opportunity to view first hand L'ÉCOLE's collection of antique jewelry pieces.
This course is led by two art historians.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- Coffee, tea, and pastries are offered upon your arrival
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special :
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs
To go further
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
- Go back to the sources of jewelry evolution by participating in the course: "Gold and Jewelry: From Antiquity to the Renaissance Princes"