Fascinating Diamonds 1: History and Legends
Discover the myths and legends which surround the Diamond
LanguageEnglishOREnglish (Cantonese)English (Mandarin)
Throughout the centuries, many different cultures have contributed to the legends which surround the Diamond. This rare gift from Nature has inspired authors, philosophers, and mystics, all of whom have attributed supernatural powers to the Diamond. At L'ÉCOLE The School of Jewelry Arts, two courses have been dedicated exclusively to Diamond in order to offer a panoramic view of this "Stone of Stones".
During this course
Riveted by the legends and beliefs associate to this "Stone of Stones", you will be transported to India and Brazil, and then South Africa, Russia, Australia and finally to Canada. You will hear about the history of some of the most famous diamonds, have an up-close look at their replicas, discover rare and ancient texts. The route of diamonds will no longer be a secret to you.
This class is conducted by a gemologist and an art historian.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- Coffee, tea, and pastries are offered upon your arrival
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs
To go further
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
- Participate in the course: "Fascinating Diamonds 2: Science and Gemology", in order to find out about the total uniqueness of these stones from the gemologist's point of view.