Your teachers are the experts, the jewelers who create the High Jewelry in the Maison Van Cleef & Arpels atelier. Called the "Mains d'Or™" because of their virtuosity, they will guide you in your pursuit of symmetry, adjusting the shapes and the drawing out of placements for stones.
From the Wax Project to the Setting Techniques
Try your hand at stone setting and wax sculpture techniques
This exceptional encounter will roll out in two chapters. For your first part, you will discover setting techniques, then you will execute your own mounting on silver. For your second part of your course, you will sculpt on a wax model and design the placement for the stones on it in preparing the wing of a butterfly jewel.
About the course
Sit back and relax
- This class is led by a master jeweler and a stone setter.
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- Coffee, tea, and pastries are offered upon your arrival
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
- Take home the wax model you have worked on!
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
- Participate in the course "From French Jewels to Japanese Lacquer", in order to discover another specific set of artisanal set of skills and to compare it to the traditional French art of High Jewelry.
Take the full series for a special rate
L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
A very unique faculty
All the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
Skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
Courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
On an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.