L’ÉCOLE, School of Jewelry Arts, will award five new scholarships for master's students in the coming academic year. The application is now open.
In 2019, L’ÉCOLE, School of Jewelry Arts, with the support of Van Cleef & Arpels, created five annual scholarships for university students enrolled in a research master's program on a topic related to jewelry. Students must be enrolled in art history, gemology or history of science.
The five annual scholarships are worth 2,000 euros each (1,000 euros in the first year of the master's program and 1,000 euros in the second year). The second award is conditional on the student’s performance in the first year.
This financial support for jewelry research is in line with the overall mission of L’ÉCOLE, School of Jewelry Arts, which works to spread and build knowledge relating to jewelry.
Applications must be sent by email only, by the specified deadline, to the following address (Subject: "Master's Research Scholarship"):
The application must contain the following documents:
- Detailed CV, specifying past and current education in particular.
- Research proposal: title, university of registration, research supervisor, presentation of the research project (3,000 characters maximum: justifications for the choice of subject, state of research on the proposed subject, sources and main places where research will take place)
- Letter of recommendation from research supervisor
The application committee is led by Lise Macdonald, President of L’ÉCOLE, School of Jewelry Arts.
The other committee members include:
- Nicolas Bos, President and CEO of Van Cleef & Arpels
- Guillaume Glorieux, Director of Education and Research at L’ÉCOLE, School of Jewelry Arts
- Olivier Segura, Scientific Director of L’ÉCOLE, School of Jewelry Arts
The jury will evaluate the scientific strength of the projects submitted and their overall relevance.
- Circulation of the call for applications: March 15th 2023
- Application submission deadline: September 15th 2023
- Committee meeting and notification of results: mid-October 2023