Introduction to Setting (2h)
Try your hand at stone setting and wax sculpture techniques.
A stone setter will initiate you into the different setting techniques, which you will execute yourself, while seated at the jeweler’s workbench.
Sit back and relax
- This course is given by two teachers, one of whom is a stone-setter.
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
- We also offer a 4-hour course allowing you, through a more complete offer, to discover not only the setting techniques but also the wax project with a master jeweler: "From the Wax Project to the Setting Techniques"
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
Special Offer: Discovery Series
L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
A very unique faculty
All the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
Skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
Courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
On an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.