From the Wax Project to the Setting Techniques (4h)
Try your hand at stone setting and wax sculpture techniques
During this course
This course will roll out in two chapters.
For your first part, you will discover setting techniques, then you will execute your own mounting on silver.
For the second part of your course, you will sculpt on a wax model and design the placement for the stones on it, preparing the wing of a butterfly jewel. Your teacher will guide you in your pursuit of symmetry, adjusting the shapes and the drawing out of placements for stones.
Your teachers are a jeweler and a stone-setter from the High Jewelry workshops of the Maison Van Cleef & Arpels. They are called the "Mains d'Or™" because of their virtuosity.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
- We also offer a 2-hour course focused only on discovering the setting techniques: "Introduction to Setting".
To Go Further
- Participate in the course "From French Jewels to Japanese Lacquer", in order to discover another specific set of artisanal set of skills and to compare it to the traditional French art of High Jewelry.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.