From Design to Mock-up (4h)
Explore one of the first steps in creating a jewel.
Using various sources of inspiration, understand the three stages which allow a jewel to be represented in two dimensions: the drawing, the tracing, and the gouaché.
Experience the mock-up maker's gestures while creating a pewter mock-up, the first three-dimensional interpretation of the jewel. Cut a butterfly out of metal, shape it and decorate it with rhinestones.
About the Course
Once the design is finished, the process of creating a jewel begins with a “gouaché” painted design, depicting its color, shape, and volume in actual size.
We also offer a 2-hour course focused only on discovering the technique of the mock-up in jewelry: "Discover the technique of the mock-up in jewelry".
Sit back and relax
- This class led by three teachers, including a designer and a mock-up maker.
- You will leave with the gouaché and the pewter mock-up you will make during the course.
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences.
- You don’t need to bring any specific material.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
- Take part in the course "From the Wax Project to the Setting Techniques", to discover the next steps in the process of creating fine jewelry.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.
Special Offer: Discovery Series
L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
A very unique faculty
All the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
Skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
Courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
On an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.