The Making of a Jewel (2h30)
**Saturday sessions available: 24/02, 23/03, 20/04**
Artistic Creativity, Exquisite Materials, Expert Hands.
You will have a first overview of the wide history of jewelry and the fascinating world of gems and precious stones, and you will discover the different professions involved in the creation of these works of art.
About the course
2h30 for a first great introduction to the world of jewelry!
A piece of jewelry is a collective work which passes through the hands of many experts, investing not only their expertise but also their emotions to lead to the realization of an exceptional piece.
Sit back and relax
- This class is taught by an art historian and a gemologist.
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
- The teachers have introduced you to the École curriculum: now you have complete freedom to choose the next course which appeals to you.
Special offer: Discovery Series
L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
A very unique faculty
All the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
Skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
Courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
On an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.