The Gouaché in High Jewelry 2 - The Color (3h)
Depict color on a gouaché sketch, the first stage in creating a High Jewelry piece.
In this second class devoted to color depiction, experience the designer's gestures while painting both a cabochon and a faceted stone. Discover how color, combined with the depiction of light, enables the designer to reproduce both the color and shape of stones until they appear to come to life.
Understand the creative process and become familiar with this specific High Jewelry design technique.
Take the full series for a special rate
About the Course
What is a gouaché ?
A « gouaché » is the first step in the creation of a High Jewelry piece: A painted design that will act as a guide for all the craftsmen involved – mock-up makers, jewelers, gemologists and stone setters.
A highly skilled technique, it consists in depicting three-dimensional volumes: although the painted design is flat, the jewel is a three-dimensional object.
At L'ÉCOLE, School of Jewelry Arts, two classes are devoted to this technique of High Jewelry design: "The Gouaché in High Jewelry 1 - The Light" and "The Gouaché in High Jewelry 2 - The Color".
Sit back and relax
- Students will be guided by a jewelry designer and a visual artist.
- Take home your gouaché painting as a souvenir.
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences.
- You don’t need to bring any specific material.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
- Take part in the course "From the Wax Project to the Setting Techniques" to discover the next key steps in the creation of a piece of High Jewelry.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.