Ruby, a Fiery and Bewitching Stone (4h)
Discover the Ruby
According to Burmese myth, these miraculous stones carry the fire and blood of the Earth within them.
During this course
What is red? How do we perceive it? What is its special symbolism?
You'll set out to discover this mythical gem through the places it's extracted around the world. You'll understand its fascinating and special properties, which have made it the "queen of precious stones".
This course is given by two gemology experts.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences.
- You don’t need to bring any specific material.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
To go further
- Take part in the course "Recognize the gemstones" to broaden your exploration of gemology and to identify precious stones.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.