Around the World in Jewelry (2h30)
Discover the evolution of jewelry through eras and civilizations.
What is "jewelry"? Why are we attracted to it? Every civilization - every era - has provided its own answers.
From Africa and Asia to Oceania, the Americas and Europe, this world tour invites you to discover the materials, know-how, and styles that have shaped jewelry, in both the past and present.
Take the full series for a special rate
About the course
Whether you are attracted by gemstones, interested in the history of jewelry or in the different jewelry professions, these two and a half hours will guide you on the path to knowledge.
Sit back and relax
- The course is given by an art historian and a gemologist.
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
- Take part in the course "Gold and jewelry, from ancient times to Renaissance princes", to discover the evolution of jewelry through the ages, from antiquity to the Renaissance.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
A very unique faculty
All the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
Skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
Courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
On an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.