Jewelry and "Grand Feu" Enameling (4h)
Practice the art of enameling as it applies to jewelry.
After an historical introduction and a few technical notions, a master enameler will help you grind the raw material and choose the powders that provide the color.
In creating the decoration of your own jewelry, you will learn the secrets of metal engraving, as well as the techniques of "champlevé" and "plique à jour".
During successive firings in the oven, as the flames fuse and transform the material at 900°C, the nuances, shine and transparency of your enameling work will appear before your eyes.
Take the full series for a special rate
About the Course
Originating in Mycenae and Cyprus between 1600 and 1300 BC, the technique of enamel, developed in Europe, and traveled along the invasions of the continent, spreading via the Camino de Santiago trails, to Barcelona and Limoges.
Sit back and relax
- This course is given by two teachers, one of whom is a master enameler.
- You will leave with your own "champlevé" et "plique à jour" enamel butterfly, which you have created hands-on.
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
- To discover another savoir-faire, take part in the course "From French Jewelry to Japanese Lacquer".
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
A very unique faculty
All the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
Skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
Courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
On an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.