Discover the Gemstones (4h)
**Saturday sessions available: 18/11, 16/03**
Become Initiated into Gemology.
First, you will discover the origins of gemstones, their great variety, and the different techniques used to extract and collect them. Then you will then learn about the development and goals, and the various stages, in cutting and polishing, as well as the techniques for evaluating gemstones. Finally, to concretize what you have been learning, your teachers will guide you through three hands-on experiences, during which you will manipulate and observe the stones using gemologists' tools.
Take the full series for a special rate
About the Course
Where and how do crystals form? What are the different varieties of gems? Immerse yourself into the domain of gemstones, decipher their mysteries, learn to appreciate them, and to let your emotions speak to you.
We also offer a shorter version of this course, in 2 hours, focused only on an introduction to the world of gemology: "Introduction to Gemology". The course "Discover the Gemstones" includes the knowledge covered and the experiments done during the course "Introduction to Gemology"; it is therefore not recommended for the same person to do both courses.
Sit back and relax
- This class is led by two gemologists.
- You are welcomed by your teacher before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences.
- You don’t need to bring any specific material.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
- Become a student in the course "Recognize the gemstones", to go more deeply into your exploration of gemology and to actually identify yourself using gem identification instruments during the course.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.
L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
A very unique faculty
All the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
Skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
Courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
On an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.