Introduction to Gemology (2h)
Become Initiated into Gemology
Where and how do crystals form? What are the different varieties of gems? Immerse yourself into the domain of gemstones, decipher their mysteries, learn to appreciate them, and to let your emotions speak to you.
During this course
Guided by your professor, with gemstones in your hands, you will take your first steps into the world of minerals.
You will better understand their beauty and their characteristics.
This course is given by a gemology expert.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teacher before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences. - You don’t need to bring any specific material.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
- We also offer a 4-hour version of this course allowing you, through a more complete offer, to go further in your discovery of the world of stones: "Discover the Gemstones". This 4-hour course includes the knowledge covered and the experiments done during the course "Introduction to Gemology"; it is therefore not recommended for the same person to do both courses.
To go further
- Become a student in the course "Recognize the Gemstones", to go more deeply into your exploration of gemology and to actually identify yourself using gem identification instruments during the course.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience, and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.