The Engagement Ring: A Love Story (2h30)
Discovery of a symbol of love.
Our three experts will initiate you to the history of the engagement ring, its jewelry-making techniques, its materials and to the surprising world of gems. A journey in time, initiation to setting techniques, analysis of diamonds: at the end of the course you will know everything about the engagement ring.
About the Course
Let yourself be enchanted by symbols, techniques and secrets of an eternal jewel.
You thought you knew everything about the engagement ring? Come discover what makes this jewel so fascinating!
Although the engagement ring became distinct from a wedding ring in the 15th century in Europe, the tradition of marriage harkens back to Antiquity, providing an occasion to offer jewels as romantic as they were sumptuous. Today a universal symbol of amorous commitment, the engagement ring experienced several transformations throughout the centuries, even before being set with the most gorgeous of diamonds. A real jewelry adventure that we propose to experience together!
Sit back and relax
- This course is conducted by an art historian, a stone setter and a gemologist.
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences.
- You don’t need to bring any specific material.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
- Participate in the course "Discover the Gemstones" to gain more profound knowledge about gemology and to identify precious stones.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
Special Offer: Discovery Series
L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
A very unique faculty
All the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
Skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
Courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
On an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.