Around the World in Jewelry (2h30)
Discover the evolution of jewelry through eras and civilizations
During this course
What is "jewelry"? Why are we attracted to it? Every civilization - every era - has provided its own answers.
From Africa and Asia to Oceania, the Americas and Europe, this world tour invites you to discover the materials, know-how, and styles that have shaped jewelry, in both the past and present.
The course is given by an art historian and a gemologist.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
Standard price of the course: 100€/pers.
Exceptional price from September 14th to November 27th as part of the "Back to School"* program : 50€/pers.
*L'ÉCOLE, feeling concerned about young people dropping out of school, has decided to donate the totality of the funds collected through the registrations of our students during the period to a charity working for the educational support of young people.
To go further
- Take part in the course "Gold and jewelry, from ancient times to Renaissance princes", to discover the evolution of jewelry through the ages, from antiquity to the Renaissance.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.