Around the World in Jewelry (2h30)
Discover the evolution of jewelry through eras and civilizations
Whether you are attracted by gemstones, interested in the history of jewelry or in the different jewelry professions, these two and a half hours will guide you on the path to knowledge.
During this course
What is "jewelry"? Why are we attracted to it? Every civilization - every era - has provided its own answers.
From Africa and Asia to Oceania, the Americas and Europe, this world tour invites you to discover the materials, know-how, and styles that have shaped jewelry, in both the past and present.
The course is given by an art historian and a gemologist.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
Standard price of the course: 100€/pers.
Exceptional price from September 14th to November 27th as part of the "Back to School"* program : 50€/pers.
*L'ÉCOLE, feeling concerned about young people dropping out of school, has decided to donate the totality of the funds collected through the registrations of our students during the period to a charity working for the educational support of young people.
To go further
- Take part in the course "Gold and jewelry, from ancient times to Renaissance princes", to discover the evolution of jewelry through the ages, from antiquity to the Renaissance.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.