The Lapidary’s Art 2 - Initiation: Cutting a Colored Stone (4h)
Cut your own stone. Apply the skills you discovered during the "The Lapidary’s Art 1- Discovery: History and Techniques" course.
The course “The Lapidary's Art 1 – Discovery: History and Techniques” is required to take the course “The Lapidary's Art 2 – Initiation: Cutting a Colored Stone”.
During this course
You will understand the main principles of cutting and the importance of proportions.
Step by step you will then cut your own stone, create the facets and polish them using a facet cutter.
This course is guided by a lapidary and a gemologist.
Good to know
- At the end of this course, you will leave with the fruit of your labor: your faceted stone.
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
To go further
After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.