Fascinating Diamonds 1: History and Legends (4h)
Discover the myths and legends which surround the Diamond.
Riveted by the legends and beliefs associate to this "Stone of Stones", you will be transported to India and Brazil, and then South Africa, Russia, Australia and finally to Canada. You will hear about the history of some of the most famous diamonds, have an up close look at their replicas, discover rare and ancient texts. The route of diamonds will no longer be a secret to you.
About the Course
Throughout the centuries, many different cultures have contributed to the legends which surround the Diamond. This rare gift from Nature has inspired authors, philosophers and mystics, all of whom have attributed supernatural powers to the Diamond.
At L'ÉCOLE, School of Jewelry Arts, several courses have been dedicated exclusively to the Diamond in order to offer a panoramic view of this "Stone of Stones".
We also offer a shorter version of this course, in 2 hours, focused only on an introduction to the history of diamonds: "The Diamond's Magic: Symbols & Legends". This 4-hour course includes the knowledge covered during the 2-hour course; it is therefore not recommended for the same person to do both courses.
Sit back and relax
- This class is conducted by a gemologist and an art historian.
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences.
- All the necessary material will be provided on site.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
- Participate in the course: "Fascinating Diamonds 2: Science and Gemology", in order to find out about the total uniqueness of these stones from the gemologist's point of view.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended. What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special
Special Offer: Discovery Series
L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
A very unique faculty
All the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
Skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
Courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
On an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs