The Diamond's Magic: Symbols & Legends (2h)
Discover the myths and legends which surround the Diamond
Throughout the centuries, many different cultures have contributed to the legends which surround the Diamond. This rare gift from Nature has inspired authors, philosophers and mystics, all of whom have attributed supernatural powers to the Diamond. At L'ÉCOLE, School of Jewelry Arts, two courses have been dedicated exclusively to Diamond in order to offer a panoramic view of this "Stone of Stones".
During this course
Riveted by the legends and beliefs associate to this "Stone of Stones", you will be transported to India and Brazil, and then South Africa, Russia, Australia, and finally to Canada. You will hear about the history of some of the most famous diamonds, have an up close look at their replicas, discover rare and ancient texts.
The route of diamonds will no longer be a secret to you.
This class is conducted by a gemologist and an art historian.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences. - You don’t need to bring any specific material.
- A certificate is given at the end of the class.
- We also offer a 4-hour version of this course allowing you, through a more complete offer, to go further in your discovery of the history of diamonds: "Fascinating Diamonds 1: History and Legends". This 4-hour course includes the knowledge covered during the course "The Diamond's Magic: Symbols & Legends"; it is therefore not recommended for the same person to do both courses.
Standard price of the course: 100€/pers.
Exceptional price from September 14th to November 27th as part of the "Back to School"* program: 50€/pers.
*L'ÉCOLE, feeling concerned about young people dropping out of school, has decided to donate the totality of the funds collected through the registrations of our students during the period to a charity working for the educational support of young people.
To go further
- Participate in the course: "The Diamond: A gemological exception", in order to find out about the total uniqueness of these stones from the gemologist's point of view.
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended.
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council.
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge.
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites.
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts.
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs.